What this is..
I aspire to be a writer. It’s a struggle. Finishing a novel can be a struggle all by itself, but then you have to convince someone else that the world you’ve created and the characters you’ve written about are going to be worth investing in. I understand how mainstream publishing works. It’s not about how well written the novel is. It is about how marketable the novel is.
At the moment, vampires, werewolves, and all things paranormal are the hot ticket. It should make me happy. I write paranormals. It doesn’t, instead, it makes me annoyed, because now instead of having a few good paranormals to choose from there are hundreds if not thousands of really badly written stories just waiting to take readers away from good potential reads. I read paranormals. I used to read them a lot. Now though I am beginning to hate them. Maybe I should write another genre.
I won't. I will continue to write paranormal novels because those are the sorts of characters that take residence inside my head and demand to be written. It will be a labor of love. I will write the stories I want to read.
Chapter 18 here I come...
Comments
Post a Comment